Developed by the experts at Living Language, this course has everything you need to learn French from scratch or to revive the French that you learned years ago. "Ultimate French "combines conversation and culture in an easy-to-follow, enjoyable, and effective format. It's the perfect way to learn French for school, travel, work, or personal enrichment. In this book you'll find:
- 40 lessons with lively dialogues including the most common and useful idiomatic expressions.
- English translations and explanations of French grammar and usage, pronunciation, vocabulary, and cultural notes.
- Quizzes and review sections to check your progress.
- A complete summary of French grammar, and verb charts covering all major tenses.
- An extensive two-way glossary.
About the Author
Annie Heminway teaches grammar, creative writing, translation, African cinema, and classic and Francophone literature at the SCPS of New York University. She was awarded the Chevalier de L'Ordre des Palmes Academiques by the French government in recognition of her work in promoting the study of French. She is the author of more than ten books on the French language including "Practice Makes Perfect: Complete French Grammar" and "French Demystified". She is a native of France.