Top 25 Must-See Sights. Best bets for dining, lodging, sightseeing. Plus a full-color pullout map. Everything you need to experience Washington, D.C.
• Top lodging and dining picks for every budget
• D.C.’s top attractions, from the Smithsonian Institution to the U.S. Capitol
• Spectacular views of the city from the Kennedy Center and the Old Post Office Building Tower
• Best itineraries covering Capitol Hill, the White House, and Dupont Circle
• Excursions to Mount Vernon and Old Alexandria in Virginia
• Best attractions for children, from the local zoo to the National Air and Space Museum
Insider Tips • Expert Advice
The authors: Mary Case has lived on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., since 1986. She is a consultant for the D.C. arts and cultural community. Bruce Walker worked on the weekend section of the Washington Post for eight years.