The bestselling "The""Art of Metal Clay" returns--revised and expanded to highlight the latest developments in this exciting medium
Since it was first published in 2004, "The Art of Metal Clay" has introduced thousands of readers to metal clay--the moldable, malleable clay that becomes pure metal after it's fired. Now author, designer, and jewelry-making instructor Sherri Haab has updated her classic book to include the most current and user-friendly information on this revolutionary material, including:
- the new bronze and copper clays, with must-have instructions for successful firing
- up-to-date, detailed information on firing with stones
- an improved method for calculating accurate ring sizes
- two recently developed techniques for etching metal clay
- new techniques for adding color, including working with pigments and enamels
- all-new, inspiring galleries of work by prominent metal clay artists.
About the Author
Sherri Haab is a bestselling and award-winning author of crafts books for both adults and kids, with more than 30 titles published. She also has a reputation as an innovative product developer, with an image transfer medium, an electroforming device, and an environmentally safe line of etching products to her credit. As the author of several jewelry technique books for adults, she has led jewelry making workshops all over the country. Sherri's work has been widely published in several jewelry making and kids' magazines, and she's appeared on many crafts TV shows, including JewelryTV (JTV), Jewelry Making with Jackie Guerra (DIY), and Beads, Baubles & Jewels (PBS).
"New techniques for firing with stones, etching metal clay, working with pigments and enamels, and a section covering the new copper and bronze metal clays fill this beautiful volume. Sherri is a fantastic and thorough teacher, and her oversized step-by-step photos and concise instructions make it easy to be successful." --Bead Design Studio Magazine