The bestselling "The""Art of Metal Clay" returns--revised and expanded to highlight the latest developments in this exciting medium
Since it was first published in 2004, "The Art of Metal Clay" has introduced thousands of readers to metal clay--the moldable, malleable clay that becomes pure metal after it's fired. Now author, designer, and jewelry-making instructor Sherri Haab has updated her classic book to include the most current and user-friendly information on this revolutionary material, including:
- the new bronze and copper clays, with must-have instructions for successful firing
- up-to-date, detailed information on firing with stones
- an improved method for calculating accurate ring sizes
- two recently developed techniques for etching metal clay
- new techniques for adding color, including working with pigments and enamels
- all-new, inspiring galleries of work by prominent metal clay artists.
About the Author
Sherri Haab is the best-selling author of "The Hip Handbag Book, Designer Style Jewelry," and many other titles. More than 2.5 million copies of her books are in print worldwide. Visit her on the web at www.sherrihaab.com
Michelle Haab is Sherri Haab's daughter. Though still in her teens, she has been crafting about the same length of time as she has been walking. Mother and daughter live in Springville, Utah.
Barbara Pollack is an illustrator and painter whose work has appeared in "Seventeen," "Girl's Life,"" The Wall Street Journal,"" "and many other publications. She lives in San Francisco.
"New techniques for firing with stones, etching metal clay, working with pigments and enamels, and a section covering the new copper and bronze metal clays fill this beautiful volume. Sherri is a fantastic and thorough teacher, and her oversized step-by-step photos and concise instructions make it easy to be successful." --Bead Design Studio Magazine