In this sequel to the classic bestseller Perspective For the Comic Book Artist, David Chelsea takes perspective to a whole other level--by exploring the most dramatic viewpoints employed by today's artists. Many of these techniques have been carefully guarded secrets for centuries. But David, and his hollow-headed friend, Mugg, make them accessible to a new generation of artists, cartoonists, illustrators, and animators. In Extreme Perspective For Artists, you'll learn how to
- Render complicated multi-sided objects in perfect perspective
- Create accurate shadows and reflections from your own imagination
- Master the most difficult kinds of curvilinear perspective systems
- Draw eye-popping images in fisheye perspective
- Use your computer to create elaborate scenes quicker and more easily
- ... And much, much more
Also included is a comprehensive library of perspective grids on DVD, suitable for printing or using with Photoshop and other applications.
About the Author
DAVID CHELSEA is a cartoonist and illustrator who has contributed work to hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, and Reader's Digest. His celebrity caricatures are a feature of The New York Observer, and he illustrated the Modern Love column for The New York Times from 2004 to 2008. He is the author of two graphic novels, David Chelsea in Love and Welcome to the Zone, as well as the how-to book Perpective! For Comic Book Artists, which has become a classic in the field. He lives with his family in a large house in Portland, Oregon.