The body can heal itself. Spontaneous healing is not a miracle but a fact of biology--the result of the natural healing system that each one of us is born with. Drawing on fascinating case histories as well as medical techniques from around the world, Dr. Andrew Weil shows how spontaneous healing has worked to resolve life-threatening diseases, severe trauma, and chronic pain. Weil then outlines an eight-week program in which you'll discover:
- The truth about spontaneous healing and how it interacts with the mind
- The foods, vitamins, supplements, and tonic herbs that will help you enhance your innate healing powers
- Advice on how to avoid environmental toxins and reduce stress
- The strengths and weaknesses of conventional and alternative treatments
- Natural methods to ameliorate common kinds of illnesses
And much more!
About the Author
Andrew Weil, M. D. is a world-renown leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine, a healing-oriented approach to health care, which encompasses body, mind, and spirit. He holds an undergraduate and medical degree from Harvard University. Approximately 10 million of Dr. Weil's books have been sold, including Spontaneous Healing, 8 Weeks to Optimal Health, and Healthy Aging.
"DR. ANDREW WEIL IS AN EXTRAORDINARY PHENOMENON."
--The Washington Post
"MEMORABLE . . . DR. WEIL MAKES HIS CASE CAREFULLY AND CLEARLY."
--The New York Times Book Review
--Library Journal (starred review)