Ancient Egyptian Magic is the first authoritative modern work on the occult practices that pervaded all aspects of life in ancient Egypt. Based on fascinating archaeological discoveries, it includes everything from how to write your name in hieroglyphs to the proper way to bury a king, as well as:
- Tools and training of magicians
- Interpreting dreams
- Ancient remedies for headaches, cataracts, and indigestion
- Wrapping a mummy
- Recipes for magic potions and beauty creams
- Explanations of amulets and pyramid power
- A spell to entice a lover
- A fortune-telling calendar
These subjects and many more will appeal to everyone interested in Egyptology, magic, parapsychology, and the occult; or ancient religions and mythology.
About the Author
Bob Brier is a world-famous Egyptologist who has conducted research on pyramids and tombs in fifteen countries. A senior research fellow at the C.W. Post campus of Long Island University, he is the author of seven books, including The Murder of Tutankhamen, and hosted the Great Egyptian series for the Learning Channel.