THE ONE GUIDE MOST PEDIATRICIANS RECOMMEND
From the American Academy of Pediatrics--the nation's most trusted name in child care--Your Baby's First Year is the definitive all-in-one guide to caring for your infant. Revised and updated, including two new chapters on sleep and allergies, Your Baby's First Year provides authoritative advice on all aspects of infant care, including
- expanded sections on raising twins, multiples, and children with autism
- new material on prebiotics, probiotics, and the Tdap vaccine
- a month-to-month guide to your baby's first year with vital facts on growth, behavior, and development
- a complete health encyclopedia covering illnesses, injuries, and disabilities
- advice on breastfeeding, bottle-feeding, and introducing solids
- guidelines for choosing a child care provider
- safety checks for home and car, including a car safety seat shopping guide
- And much more
Comprehensive, reassuring, and up-to-date, Your Baby's First Year is an indispensable guide for all parents who want to provide the very best care for their baby.
About the Author
Steven P. Shelov, MD, MS, FAAP, is chairman of pediatrics at Maimonides Medical Center and Lutheran Medical Center, a professor of pediatrics at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and vice president of the Infants' and Children's Hospital of Brooklyn. He has edited several books from the American Academy of Pediatrics. M. Rosario Gonzalez de Rivas, MD, is a professor in pediatrics at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine.