For budget brides, including fans of TheBrokeAssBride.com, this is a definitive guide to saving money and making every dollar count during wedding planning, from the engagement party to the big day, without sacrificing style or personality.
Brides-to-be, do you dream of rocking a wedding full of personality, pizzazz, and style, without compromising your dreams or kissing your budget goodbye? Well, bust out your happy dance because today is your lucky day...you're holding the key in your newly-betrothed hands
In the pages of this witty guide, Dana LaRue, creator of thebrokeassbride.com, shares hundreds of tips and anecdotes for getting the most bang for your buck, celebrating your personality as a couple, and making wedding planning fun. She includes:
- The top 14 money-saving rules for choosing your location, dress, menu, and music--and most important of all, enjoying the day
- Engagement party and rehearsal dinner ideas that won't break the bank
- 4 tips for finding your dream theme
- Sample budget breakdowns ($1,000; $5,000; $10,000; $15,000; and beyond) showing where couples saved and splurged
- Her very own road-tested advice for becoming a negotiation ninja
- 7 ways to keep your booze budget under control
- DIY decor projects and recipes you can make without risking a bridezilla meltdown
- Online planning shortcuts, tools to find savings, and helpful websites for organization and style inspiration.
About the Author
DANA LaRUE is the founder of the award-winning blog The Broke-Ass Bride. Known for her sassy, savvy, and encouraging voice and outside-the-box advice, her wedding expertise has appeared in magazines and blogs including Brides, The Bridal Guide, Southern Weddings, and OneWed. Dana was named one of the Top 10 Social Media Influencers in the wedding industry by Wedbiz Journal, and regularly speaks at conferences both in the US and internationally. She lives in Los Angeles, California.