The American Bar Association Guide to Wills & Estates, Third Edition, contains everything you need to know about planning an estate, preparing a will or trust, and minimizing inheritance taxes. It is organized in easy-to-follow chapters with sidebars containing tips, checklists, and key information.
The ABA Guide to Wills & Estates will help you:
• Determine what to put in an estate plan
• Decide whether to prepare a will, trust, or living trust
• Avoid or reduce estate taxes
• Change plans if the law or your circumstances change
• Transfer property without a will with substitutes such as life insurance and joint tenancy
• Understand the benefits of living gifts and life insurance
• Choose an executor and trustee
• Guard against a will being contested
About the Author
The American Bar Association is the nation's leading legal authority and the largest voluntary professional membership organization in the world. With more than 400,000 members, the ABA provides law school accreditation, continuing legal education, information about the law, programs to assist lawyers and judges in their work, and initiatives to improve the legal system for the public.