These days, we're constantly bombarded with trendy, restrictive diets that instruct us to "Eat only this" or "Give up that"--diets that ultimately fail when you find that you can't sacrifice the foods you love. But now you can lose weight "without "deprivation: Lucy Danziger, editor in chief of "SELF "magazine, and her team of nutrition experts have created the ultimate flexible plan for melting off ten, twenty, or more pounds at any age--you can see results in as little as a week By eating "more" of thirty superfoods--everyday favorites like eggs, yogurt, steak, Parmesan, cherries, kiwi fruit, dark chocolate, and coffee (yes, chocolate and coffee )--you can shed weight while naturally reducing your dependence on less healthful foods, lowering your risk for diabetes, heart disease, cancer, inflammation, and more. The food plan has room for all your can't-resist treats--you can eat them and still slim down
This revolutionary diet isn't about denying yourself; it's about indulging in delicious, satisfying foods that help trigger weight loss and instill better body health. Guiding you every step of the way, "The Drop 10 Diet" includes
- 101 quick, tasty breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners. You choose your favorites. Each meal or snack incorporates at least one Drop 10""superfood and leaves your cravings and your stomach satisfied
- 40 delicious family recipes that even a novice cook can fix. Your loved ones will never know they're eating healthfully
- 1,400 extra "happy calories" each week to enjoy on top of your Drop 10 meals and snacks. Use your happy calories for daily splurges (ice cream ) or save them up to spend for a big night out (Mexican? Bring on the nachos ).
- 8 exercises you can do at home or in the gym to boost your metabolism and supercharge your weight loss.
- Inspirational stories of weight loss from women just like you
Don't waste another bite on bland, strict diets that don't work. It's time to grab life by the fork.
About the Author
The editor in chief of "SELF" for more than ten years, Lucy Danziger is also the author of the "New York Times" bestseller "The Nine Rooms of Happiness." Four years ago, she lost twenty-five pounds by eating more Superfoods and has kept it off ever since. She is a regular guest on television shows, including "Today, The View, "and "Good Morning America." Danziger lives in New York City with her husband and two children.