In this fresh, fun, and unique book, design consultant and Today show lifestyle expert Elizabeth Mayhew shares essential insider tips for making any space stylish and timeless in a snap. Forget expensive fixes or labor-intensive endeavors, Flip! for Decorating can show you how to redecorate with what you have on hand, or with the simple purchases you’ll need to create the room of your dreams. Flip through the upper right hand pages, and watch four rooms receive an instant makeover! Inside you’ll discover:
• step-by-step instructions for decorating the four most commonly used rooms: living room, dining room, family room, and bedroom
• the fundamentals of color, including no-fail wall and trim colors, when to use wallpaper instead of paint, and the facts on different paint finishes
• the ways to treat a window, from Venetian blinds and Roman shades to simple curtains–and the secrets to making a window appear taller or wider
• the art of picking the perfect sofa, chairs, tables, and lighting
• strategies on how to prioritize your decorating decisions
Flip! for Decorating also features time-saving “reality checks,” handy shopping tips, and easy and informative sidebars that will give you instant solutions if you’re stumped, stymied, or need to add a quick jolt of style to virtually any room in your home. With this amazing, practical book, decorating is so easy you’ll flip!
About the Author
Elizabeth Mayhew is the lifestyle expert for NBC's "Today "show and is special projects editor for "House Beautiful" magazine. Previously she was editorial development director at "Real Simple "magazine. A native of Louisville, Kentucky, she now lives in New York City with her husband and two children.
“Learning decorating tips from Elizabeth Mayhew is like spending time with a good friend who has your best interests at heart.”—Katie Couric
“Finally! A book that really shows you how to put a room together. A book that explains what really works, and why. A book about finding your own style and being comfortable, too. Decorating has never been this much fun.” —Stephen Drucker, editor in chief, House Beautiful
“Elizabeth Mayhew’s breezy, confident, and glamorous decorating style has long been envied by design experts in the know. Fortunately for us all, she now shares her insider’s view on how to achieve her particular brand of high/low chic with Flip! for Decorating. I think it’s pitch-perfect.”—Miles Redd, interior designer and creative director, Oscar de la Renta
“Point of view – prescriptive, descriptive and definite – is what distinguishes…Flip! for Decorating…It is extremely satisfying, like watching a stop-action film, and very, very useful.”—New York Times