How can you -hear between the lines- to detect a lie? When is intuition the best guide to making important decisions? What are the tell-tale signs of romantic attraction? Jo-Ellan Dimitrius-America's leading behavioral expert-shows us how to spot the critical clues to a person's integrity, work habits, and sexual interests, and to interpret these signs with accuracy and precision.
In this phenomenal guide-now revised and updated-Dimitrius shows us how to read a person like a book. By decoding the hidden messages in appearance, tone of voice, facial expression, and personal habit, she applies the secrets of her extraordinary courtroom success to the everyday situations we all face at work, at home, and in relationships.
New material includes:
- How to read people in the age of terror: what to watch for during air travel and trips abroad, and vital information regarding student behaviors in the Columbine High School and Virginia Tech shootings
- What to look for on the Internet: how to decipher behavioral patterns found in and altered by e-mail, text and instant messaging, and on sites like MySpace
- Facts on body language and health: how chronic illnesses such as Asperger syndrome and Parkinson's disease influence the way people are perceived, and essential tips on how to counter these misperceptions
- Fascinating new case studies: how body-reading techniques impacted jury selection and verdicts in major trial battles, including the Enron case
Whether your focus is friendship or marriage, career or family, romance or professional success, Reading People gives you the skills you need to make sound, swift decisions and reap the benefits of razor-sharp insight.
Praise for Readnig People:
-Your eyes will be opened as mine have been by these tips from America's leading people-readers.-
- A] valuable guide . . . practical, good advice for discerningly 'reading' others and becoming more aware of the myriad of nonverbal messages one conveys.-
About the Author
Jo-Ellan Dimitrius, Ph.D., has consulted in over six hundred jury trials, including the Rodney King, Reginald Denny, John DuPont, McMartin Preschool, and O. J. Simpson cases. She has appeared on Oprah, Good Morning America, the Today show, Larry King Live, Face the Nation, and 60 Minutes, and she has consulted with many Fortune 100 companies. Mark Mazzarella has been a practicing trial lawyer in San Diego for twenty years. He is a past chairman of the twelve-thousand-member litigation section of the California State Bar, and he writes and lectures extensively. From the Hardcover edition.
"Secret tips from the country's leading jury consultant that will change your life."
"A WEALTH OF TIPS AND STRATEGIES for ferreting out people's real viewpoints, motives, and character traits. . . . Whether interviewing a baby-sitter, meeting a new date, or selecting a jury, this thorough, detailed guide of what to look for could probably improve anyone's ability at seeing and being seen."
"[A] VALUABLE GUIDE . . . Practical, good advice for discerningly 'reading' others and becoming more aware of the myriad of nonverbal messages one conveys."