Disruptive behavior, power struggles, lack of motivation, attention deficit disorder--at times the list of obstacles to teaching seems endless. That's why thousands of teachers and child-care providers have turned to the solutions in Setting Limits in the Classroom. This fully updated and expanded third edition offers the most up-to-date alternatives to punishment and permissiveness--moving beyond traditional methods that wear you down and get you nowhere.
- Eliminating power struggles and handling disruptions quickly
- Establishing an effective environment for learning
- Using natural and logical consequences to support your rules
- Conducting proactive, focused parent conferences
- New research and techniques for supporting special-needs children
With its new focus on younger students and special tools for handling -strong-willed-
children, this edition offers schoolteachers the tools they need to gain control of their classrooms--respectfully and effectively.