Feed Your Brain
Tastier than a twizzler yet more protein-packed than a spinach smoothie, Brain Candy is guaranteed to entertain your brain—even as it reveals hundreds of secrets behind what’s driving that electric noodle inside your skull.
These delicious and nutritious pages are packed with bits of bite-sized goodness swiped from the bleeding edge of brain science (including the reason why reading these words is changing your hippocampus at this very moment!) Shelved alongside these succulent neurological nuggets are challenging puzzles and paradoxes, eye-opening perception tests and hacks, fiendish personality quizzes and genius testers, and a grab bag of recurring treats including Eye Hacks, Algebraic Eight Ball, iDread, Wild Kingdom, and Logic of Illogic.
Should you look between these covers and inhale the deliciously cherry-flavored scents of knowledge within, you will grow your grey matter while discovering:
• Why you should be writing bad poetry
• The simple keys to brain training
• What trust smells like
• The origins of human morality
• Why expensive wine always tastes better
• The truth about brain sweat
• How your diet might be making you dumb
• The secrets of game theory
• Why economists hate psychology
• The mental benefits of coffee and cigarettes
• How to really spot a liar
• Why you can’t make me eat pie
• The benefits of daydreaming
• Four simple secrets to persuasion
• Why your barin’s fzzuy ligoc alowls you to raed this
• How to brainwash friends and family
• The science of body language
• What pigeons know about art
…And much, much more.
About the Author
Garth Sundem is an educational consultant and curriculum writer. A former language arts and music teacher, Mr. Sundem has published more than 15 books, primarily on the subjects of literacy and social studies. A graduate of Cornell University, he earned a Masters Degree in Music Theory and Composition. He presents at local and national education conferences and facilitates in-service trainings across the U.S.