For the first time ever, legendary editor Otto Penzler has handpicked some of the most respected and bestselling thriller writers working today for a riveting collection of spy fiction. From first to last, this stellar collection signals mission accomplished.
* Lee Child with an incredible look at the formation of a special ops cell.
* James Grady writing about an Arab undercover FBI agent with an active cell.
* Joseph Finder riffing on a Boston architect who's convinced his Persian neighbors are up to no good.
* John Lawton concocting a Len Deighton-esque story about British intelligence.
* Stephen Hunter thrilling us with a tale about a WWII brigade.
Full list of Contributors:
James Grady, Charles McCarry, Lee Child, Joseph Finder, John Lawton, John Weisman, Stephen Hunter, Gayle Lynds, David Morrell, Andrew Klavan, Robert Wilson, Dan Fesperman, Stella Rimington, Olen Steinhauer
About the Author
Otto Penzler is the proprietor of the Mysterious Bookshop in New York City and the editor of "The Encyclopedia of Mystery and Detection", for which he won an Edgar Award.
"Only Otto Penzler could bring together this dream team of espionage fiction-the short stories by some of America's most original thriller writers constitute an instant classic. Joseph Finder might be said to have supplied the tone for this splendid collection with the first line of his yarn: 'I can't shake the feeling that they're up to something.' The members of this dream team all are!"--Robert Littell
"The sheer variety of distinctive voices here gives us espionage fiction at its most pleasurable--impossible to read just one."--Joseph Kanon
"In Agents of Treachery, Otto Penzler doesn't just get A-plus talent--he does the real magic trick--he gets A-plus stories out of them. Embrace your inner spy and join the secret club."--Brad Meltzer