The New York Times bestseller!
Be the Pack Leader is Cesar Millan’s guide for taking your relationship with your dog to a higher level. By developing the skills necessary to become the calm-assertive owner your dog needs in order for him to live a balanced, fulfilled life, you’ll improve your dog’s behavior and your own life as well.
Be the Pack Leader is filled with practical tips and techniques, including:
• How to use calm-assertive energy in relating to your dog—and to others around you
• The truth about behavioral tools, from leashes and harnesses to clickers and e-collars
• How to satisfy the needs of your dog’s breed
• Success stories from Cesar’s clients, viewers, and fans—including the Grogan family of Marley & Me fame
• A quick reference guide of specific, step-by-step procedures to tackling some of the most common dog behavior problems
“[Cesar] arrives amid chaos and leaves behind peace.”
—Malcolm Gladwell, The New Yorker
“[Millan is] serene and mesmerizing. . . . He deserves a cape and a mask.”
—New York Times
About the Author
Founder of the Dog Psychology Center in Los Angeles, CESAR MILLAN is the star of "Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan "on the National Geographic Channel. In addition to Cesar’ s educational seminars and work with unstable dogs, he and his wife have founded the Cesar and Ilusion Millan Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing financial support and rehabilitation expertise to shelters. A native of Culican, Mexico, Cesar lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Ilusion, and their two sons, Andre and Calvin.
MELISSA JO PELTIER, an executive producer and writer of "Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan," has been honored for her film and television writing and directing with an Emmy, a Peabody, and more than fifty other awards. She lives in Nyack, New York, with her husband, writer-director John Gray, and stepdaughter, Caitlin.
Jim Milio and Melissa Jo Peltier are the executive producers and writers of the hit TV show "Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan".