Jim Camp, the world’s #1 negotiating coach, shows how to release the emotional pressure that’s part of any negotiation by using his proven system of safe, decision-based negotiation that enables you to meet all your objectives without needless, wasted compromises or giveaways.
• Out of the blue your best customer demands a huge discount—or else he takes his business elsewhere.
• You think you finally have a buyer for your home, but then at the last minute she demands that you pay for new landscaping of the yard—or no deal. There are plenty of other properties for sale, and she says she’ll walk.
• Your son is having trouble in school, and you have to think about how to deal with his “my way or the highway” teacher.
When confronted with these—and innumerable other—day-to-day negotiating challenges at work and in your personal life, most people start to guess about how much they should give up in compromise to make the other side happy (“I’ll just meet them halfway, and we can put this problem to bed”).
Jim Camp has a better way for you to negotiate:
Saying “no” is not about being hard-nosed or intransigent. Rather, it stops everyone in their tracks, clears the air, and allows you to get at what the real issues are. It is a proven and an amazingly effective system that avoids unwarranted assumptions, needless compromises, and wild guesses, showing:
• How to stop being needy, banishing emotional responses such as “I must keep this customer’s business” or “I have to sell this house now,” and start focusing on what you can control—yourself
• Why in a negotiation the two worst things to hear are “yes” and “maybe”
• How to get to the heart of the issue through the art and science of asking great questions
• How to find out who the real “decider” is and stop negotiating with the unqualified
We live in a compromise- and assumption-based world, but Jim Camp flips conventional wisdom on its head and in the process makes you a more effective negotiator with clients, customers, spouses, kids, neighbors, and coworkers. Through Camp’s system you’ll find that “no” is just the start of the negotiation, not the end of it. With it, you’ll get everything you want and you’ll build solid relationships with those you negotiate with.
About the Author
Jim Camp is an internationally sought after negotiation coach and trainer, developer of the Coach2100(TM) technology, a proprietary, patient pending negotiation project management and training system, and author of "NO: The Only Negotiating Strategy You Need for Work and Home"(Crown), the revised and updated version of his previous critically acclaimed business book, "Start with No."
"As president and founder of The Jim Camp Group, a negotiation training and management firm, Camp has coached individuals, companies, and governments worldwide through hundreds of negotiations that total more than 100 billion dollars per year.
Camp is involved in hundreds of negotiations a year by means of his proprietary technology called Coach2100.com, a fully secure, interactive, virtual environment where Camp-trained coaches evaluate, train, communicate with, and coach clients, and where they manage their negotiations in real time. Camp and his team are currently coaching more than 37 billion dollars in negotiations. This technology enables Camp's clients to conduct negotiations anywhere in the world, fully supported by Camp-trained coaches, and achieve the kind of dramatic results that no other negotiator has duplicated.