The conservative, thoughtful, thrifty investor's guide to building a real-estate empire.
Profitable real-estate investing opportunities exist everywhere as long as you know what to look for and understand how to make prudent deals that transform property into profits. David Crook, of "The Wall Street Journal," shows how to make safe and sane investments that ensure a good night's sleep as your real-estate portfolio grows, your properties appreciate and your income increases. The Wall Street Journal Complete Real-Estate Investing Guidebook offers the most authoritative information on:
- Why real-estate investing is a great wealth-building alternative to stocks and bonds and why it's crucial that you avoid get-rich schemes
- How to get the financing and make the contacts to get started
- How to start small and local, be hands-on and go step-by-step with a vacation home to rent out, a pure rental property or a small apartment building
- How to find and value great properties, do the numbers and ensure you have that beautiful thing called cash flow
- How the government blesses real-estate investors with tax breaks and loopholes, and how you can be one of the anointed
- How to deal with the nuts-and-bolts of being a landlord and have a strife-free relationship with your tenants.
About the Author
DAVID CROOK is the editor of "The Wall Street Journal Sunday," the personal finance section that appears in more than 75 papers around the country. He was part of the original team that developed and launched the highly successful Weekend Journal of Friday s "Wall Street Journal." He also developed the Home Front and Property Report, the Journal s residential and commercial real-estate sections."