These are the homemade machines that you ve dreamed of building, from the high-voltage Night Lighter 36 spud gun to the Jam Jar Jet, the Marshmallow Shooter, and the Yagua Blowgun. Including detailed diagrams and supply lists, Gurstelle's simple, step-by-step instructions help workshop warriors at any skill level achieve impressively powerful results. With" Whoosh Boom Splat," you can build:
- The Jam Jar Jet the simple pulse jet engine that roars
- The Elastic Zip Cannon a membrane-powered shooter that packs a wallop
- The Mechanical Toe a bungee-powered kicking machine
- The Vortex Launcher a projectile shooter that uses air bullets for ammunition
- The Clothespin Snap Shooter the PG-17 version of a clothespin gun that fires fiery projectiles
- The Architronito the steam-powered cannon conceived by Leonardo da Vinci
And many more
In addition to learning how to make these cool gadgets, you ll find sections packed with information on what makes each machine unique. Gurstelle describes the machine's historical origins as only he can: with verve, fun, and the sort of quirky details his legions of fans love. "Whoosh Boom Splat" is a must-have for every extreme tinkerer.
About the Author
William Gurstelle is an American nonfiction author, magazine writer, and inventor. He is a feature columnist for Make: magazine and the Pyrotechnics and Ballistics Editor at Popular Mechanics magazine.