Discover the Power
Of Better Negotiating
Negotiation is one skill everyone needs in order to get more of what they want -- to sell more, to keep costs down, to manage better, to strengthen relationships -- to win! Thomas shows you exactly how the best negotiators reach long-lasting positive solutions that build profits, performance, and relationships.
This indispensable guide covers all you'll ever need to know about negotiating, including:
- The 21 rules of successful negotiating -- and how to defend against them!
- "Quickies" -- specific tips on how to successfully negotiate with bosses, children, car dealers, contractors, auto mechanics, and many others
- Why Americans are among the worst negotiators on Earth
- How to overcome your natural reluctance to bargain
- Why win-win negotiating is so vital
- How to thoroughly prepare for your negotiations
- How to deal with counterparts who intimidate or harass you
- How to negotiate ethically -- and deal with those who don't
- How to negotiate more successfully across cultural lines
- Thomas's Truisms -- 50 memorable negotiating maxims
- The psychology of negotiating, historical illustrations, day-to-day applications, and much, much more!
About the Author
Jim Thomas is a senior lecturer in economics at the London School of Economics and an associate fellow at the Institute of Latin American Studies, University of London.
“The only negotiating book you’ll ever need. It’s required reading for anyone who wants the edge in negotiating.”
-June Blocklin, Vice Chairman, Young & Rubicam
“Jim Thomas offers keenly practical guidance on how folks like you and me can become successful negotiators.”
-Mike Matz, Executive Director, Campaign for America's Wilderness