This lively workshop is for emerging and established visual artists who want to figure out the next steps in an art career. Topics include:
- A summary of art world trends in the Bay Area and across the United States
- Guiding principles to follow, no matter where you are in your career
- Four levels of exhibition opportunities, & how to identify the best ones for you
- A list of “Do’s” and “Don’ts” when looking for a gallery
- An overview of resources for visual artists (websites, magazines, journals, professional associations, etc.)
A recent participant said: “The handouts alone from this great class guided my career for six months!”
Mary Edwards, Ph.D.
Mary Edwards is a Career & Life Coach for artists, based in Marin. She has a Ph.D. from the University of Michigan and received her coach training from the College of Executive Coaching. She has taught workshops for artists at Book Passage (Corte Madera), Dominican University, Art Works Downtown, and the ICB Artists Association. Mary has written articles for a number of national art magazines, including Professional Artist, Studios, and Artists & Makers. Currently she is completing a book titled “Left Brain Skills for Right-Brained People.”
Mary brings a unique combination of business knowledge, art world experience, and professional coaching skill to her practice. She works with painters, sculptors, photographers, designers, and other creative people who want to reach the next level in their careers.